View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Phoenix pop-up camper for Bigassgas8.1L

I’ve been so busy lately that I still haven’t taken the camper out for its maiden camping voyage yet but I got a few things done to it. First we got the camper leveled out. As it turns out these truck bed floors have a ¾’ angle built in where the floor tilts lower to the front which made the camper look goofy as the bed rail and camper bottom didn’t have an even gap from the front to the rear. The angle was also causing the camper overhead to run really close to the cab roof. It is beyond me that if it is commonly known the in the camper industry that bed floors are slanted why the camper wasn’t built to compensate for the angle. Ah, well… we got it fixed up now and it looks a lot better.

Also added 2 additional 12 volt outlets for accessories. It only had one 12 volt outlet inside which is a goofy European Hella receptacle for the National Luna fridge/freezer. While I was wiring those in I reworked the wiring to the battery to add a GM truck junction block for powers and another junction block for common grounds. It really cleaned up the wiring in the battery box.

Lastly, I finally got the decals installed that I had made up. I think they turned out pretty cool!

Next weekend the rear bumper is going through surgery to add the double swing gates with a tire and fuel can carrier.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote