View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #10
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Tail light/brake light harness plug in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURSED GEARS View Post
Its a 70. I'm missing the female plug that goes through firewall, and of course the wiring. does that section plug into the existing harness under the dash? When I google it, all I can find is stuff about the intermediate wire, and the actual wiring harness that plugs into the tail lights. Can't figure out what I did with it. Tore up the garage today with no luck.
And thanks for the response by the way

The harness that plugs into the firewall just above the distributor has The tail light (brown), backup (light green), right turn/stoplight (dark green), left turn/stoplight (yellow) wires in it.

The turn brake light wires inside the cab in the harness run to the steering column connector up to the turn signal switch.

The brown wire for the tail lights runs to the headlight switch.

The light green wire for the backup lights runs to the back light switch which is part of the neutral start switch on the steering column.

I'm not sure if there is a separate harness for just these wires or if they are part of the cab harness with a jump off plug to mate with the firewall harness.

This diagram shows the plugin and the wires going to the steering column connector . The brown wire goes to the headlight switch (not shown) and the light green wire goes to the backup light switch. Ignore the arrows they are for the accessory wire to the fuse panel.

Name:  Cab-1web.jpg
Views: 4358
Size:  101.1 KB

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote