View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:53 AM   #21
EagleChief

Re: Need some brake help, please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
100% correct.. The rotor, the pad, and the hose have to match.. The thicker rotors will fit, but the caliper has to "match" the rotor.. Then the hose has to "match" the caliper.. That"s the only way the parts will interchange..

.27" is a lot of material to remove. 20 thousandths over a 1/4 inch.. That's about the amount of thickness difference between thick and thin rotors. The OP either has the wrong calipers (regardless of the casting #), or the wrong rotors..
I think you misunderstood the thickness. I did not remove .27" - I only took off about .04". They were measuring anywhere from .375" to .3125" (1 pad had .375", the others were closer to .3125" measured with digital calipers) of pad material out of the box. I ended up at .27" thickness of material after shaving them down.

Maybe the calipers are from a '72. I don't know. But, looking up brake pad part numbers, they were the same from '71 and up to '76. We looked them up for all of those years, and they were the same part numbers. DS52, or something like that.

I'm not trying to argue with you, just stating what my situation is. I'm learning as I go, and I'm storing your info in the back of my head for future reference. I appreciate your replies and help!

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=780197
EagleChief is offline   Reply With Quote