View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 12:44 AM   #13
luvbowties

Smile Re: Aftermarket AC Input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiessen1960 View Post
On those Maxi II it obviously replaced the original heater entirely? And I already have an 87 350 with factory AC compressor on it, any suggestions on a kit that I don't need that part on?
Yes, it does completely do away with your oe heater. My '66, with a '96 v-8 vortec, had an approx. 81-87 van front alum. accessory bracket with the factory pancake comp. on the pass. side. I don't think you can save any/much by asking them to delete the adapter and comp. from the kit in order to keep your present comp--I asked and was discouraged from even considering that. BTW: their adapter to fit the Sanborn into your pancake brkts. is so simple that one could copy it in short time; so saving that could not amount to much at all. Comp. savings may or may not be significant, depending on cost of additional fittings/adapters.

I do honestly believe that if you have equip. to crimp and bend hoses, and you have the parts to adapt rear ports of pancake comp. to rest of their kit(drier, condenser, interior 'box fittings'), that you could actually save a bit of $. But my installer said he would have to charge me more labor PLUS it would be going backwards in time by ending up with what he termed an "old-school pancake comp."...............So, I bit the bullet and let him do what he obviously knew best and had done on exact duplicates of my setup. Hopefully I can sell my pancake for a few $'s to recover enough to buy a cheap breakfast!

Call 'em up and ask specific ?'s--they are there for just that, know their stuff, and are not smarties with our dumb-sounding ?'s. They like to sell!!!

Luck to you.
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote