View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 04:28 AM   #166
Pizzaholic

Re: Post your 60-66 craigslist finds

This is what happens when you have 3 teenage sons who keep getting their driver's licenses - it's an excuse to get the wife on board with your classic car addiction:

I thought I had found my best deal yet when I bought my '62 C10 off of CL for $1,400. I picked up the '61 grille from a junkyard for $80, used a grinder to uncover the 3" whitewalls, and the yellow is a primer/paint combo from a rattle can (more like 8 rattle cans...)

Next, I thought I outdid myself when I picked up the '90 Cadillac Brougham off of CL for $1,000.

And then I watched a sasquatch riding a unicorn through a hay field pick up a missing needle, oh wait, that was me....I bought this '55 Chevy wagon from its original owner - a gentleman in his late 80s who bought it in his early 20s. He and his wife drove it for over 60 years, she passed away a few years ago, he got his driver's license taken away due to failing eye sight, and he decided to finally part with it and had his much younger brother-in-law put it on Craigslist. He rebuilt the engine at some point, but had saved the original engine which he gave me as part of the sale. So I basically have a 1 owner, numbers matching Tri-Five with 100K miles on the chassis that I picked up for $6K.

I wouldn't normally post anything about my other cars on this truck forum, but since this was a "Craigslist find" thread, I couldn't help but share my '55 story with you all. In each case, I had been trolling Craigslist for several months waiting for the right opportunity for a car (and price) to speak to me. It pays to be patient and wait for the "right" car or truck.
Attached Images

Last edited by Pizzaholic; 08-02-2017 at 04:31 AM. Reason: grammar error
Pizzaholic is offline   Reply With Quote