View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 10:21 PM   #83
Willowrun

Re: vintage truck thread part two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
We used to have a place that looked similar to that called the sand pits. An old quarry I think for material for concrete. Full of houses now. Did you have the sport stripes on your hood or just a hood that was different than body color? It looks like it matches the side accent panel, so I thought it might be that option.
This was a sand hill in the middle of the Huron National forest that evolved from a smaller gathering of people trying to just get up the hill with motorcycles, trucks, and buggies into a major party spot in the mid-90's where way too many people were partying in the middle of the woods and racing up the sand hill as it had become more eroded. I spent several holiday weekends up there racing my CR500 up the hill. Eventually, fights, people getting hurt, and ambulances stuck in the sand lead to the DNR not allowing alcohol and then it quieted right down. Nowadays, it seems this type of activity has been replaced by the mud bog here in MI.

Here's a pic of the bottom of the hill mid-day on a holiday weekend with the vantage point of me standing on top of my suburban.

There's a square in there somewhere which I'm sure is why I took the picture

Oh, and no sport stripe on the Burby hood. It either didn't have a hood or it was bent when I got it so was lucky to find one that at least complimented it from a junkyard back when you could find that sort of stuff. Drug the suburban out of a backyard without and engine for $300. It lost it's roof later in life.
Attached Images

Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote