Thread: Wheeeels
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 12:08 PM   #3
ShinyC10

Re: Wheeeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
They should 'fit' fine assuming stock width rear end housing & un-modded (narrowed) front arms.

My personal preference is 5"BS minimum on an 8" front wheel. It offers more turning clearance @ the fender-lip when the truck is LOW & keeps the track width to a minimum. Your proposed 8's w/4.5xBS just has less clearance @ that outer plain/fender lip.
(Full disclaimer: 5"BS up front usually has increased interference issues @ the a-arm which requires more effort)

I'd prefer 5"BS on a 10" wheel out back which would be the same as 4.5"BS on your proposed 9.5" rear wheel. The additional back-spacing @ 5.29" will tuck the rear wheels more than needed to clear which impacts looks but they'll still fit/work. They could come very close to the edge of the inner tub/floor seam so I'd watch for possible interference. if so, a .250" spacer would likely be all that you'd need.

So is there anything against running that set up and just putting a half inch spacer on the front?
With the specs you listed, there’s not really a large selection of wheels unless you have a $10,000 budget it seems. Wheels and tires I’m trying to stick around 4 to 4500 max.
ShinyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote