View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #1503
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronald_70GMC View Post
Looking good! I like your attention to detail. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the motivation, I can use it to get past this rust repair and on to more fun stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Nice work! Keep it up. Curious what your different route is for the valve covers. I have a set of those CFR adapters that I have plans to use in the future. Haven't brought myself to put them on yet though.
I liked the CFR pieces, but am reverting to a “delmo” style adapter and coil relocation. Just personal preference
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAc10boy View Post
About to tackle this on my '68. Can you give me a little more detail in what tool you used to cut the floor and any tips you have to make sure it's right. Yours turned out great! Were your high hump bolt holes already in your floor or did you drill before you cut out low-hump?

My first time going from low-to-high and I want to make sure I do it right the first time.
Cut-off wheel on a grinder, follow the indent. I will likely weld in square nuts, ala factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I did this on my 68 & my 64. The high humps are slightly different for each series but the install was the same. I set the high hump over the stock floor & used a sharpie to reference mark the hole locations.

The stock floor basically has a formed body line in the floor that pretty much can be used as the cutting guide. You want to leave enough material past the reference holes so there's a decent flange when bolting the hump.

Really was pretty straight forward for both models.
What he said, but I laid the hump in place and black spray painted the perimeter and holes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Awesome progress Chris! Everything looks great!
Thanks a lot! This snowball is really gaining some speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAc10boy View Post
Makes sense to me. I knew it would be fairly simple. Just wanted to make sure i was thinking about it the right way.
You got it, super simple mod. Almost too easy...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote