View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #21
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: How To Video, LSx Wiring Swap Harness, 99-02 Truck Harness: 4 Wire Hookup

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew20061 View Post
Thanks! Ya about the power wires, you will end up with a ton of 12V+ Pink wires, on my hack I connected them all to one big wire and fused it (not the right way). What I would do next time is separate them out and figure out which ones power all the coils, maf, o2's and such. Then make each on its own fuse of split them up so coils and maf are on one and o2's and other things are on the other. Once you get the harness stripped down it starts to get pretty simple and you just need to trace wires and look at the diagrams.
Thanks Matthew. Exactly how did you know what wires to keep and what wires to discard. I have looked at the LT1 link, not sure where to find the road map? I obviously have an 03 up since it has a DBW throttle body. I don't know where to start cutting. Keep in mind my harness is complete all the way to the firewall, even has the fuse box. Not sure what should or should not be kept for a stand alone install?

Also, I saw that you used an LS1 intake with truck accessaries on your vid. Did you have to modify the intake or change the water pump? I seem to recall there are some subtle differences that cause interference.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote