View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #56
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
any updates? Id really like to see how you mounted your a/c compressor. Im about to tackle this hurdle. It sucks I have to cut up a fresh powdercoated frame
Unfortunately, there are no updates as of now. My work schedule has changed dramatically reducing the amount of time available for this right now.

As far as the compressor mounting goes, it will mount directly to the four holes that go into the water inlet housing horizontally. It mounts above the water inlet hole and below the flat surface on the top where the bottom of the alternator will mount. I have not acquired a compressor for it yet, so I can't show a pic of how it will mount. There is no "adapter" or bracket for it--it mounts directly to the water inlet housing.

I dug through my stash of "collected" images and found this:

I do not know any specifics of what this pic is, but it appears to be the same water inlet housing that I am using, so this is what it will look like with a compressor mounted to it.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by mosesburb; 11-13-2017 at 02:55 AM.
mosesburb is offline   Reply With Quote