View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #103
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Awesome Woodworking!!!

GRIZZ Needs to see this...
Thank You. I have shown some of it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
WOWZA! That's some sweet work you are doing! I wanna buy the steam train!!!!!!! LOL! Nice job!
Thanks T.J. I wish I could sell it but I have to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Your woodworking skills are top notch. My grandfather built custom cabinets after he retired from the fire department. I wish I could have learned more from him before he passed away. Your attention to detail on those projects is awsome!
Thank You. My grandfather did woodworking and so does my dad. He is the Master Craftsman I am just an amateur. He builds guitars and banjos. I am pretty much self taught on the woodworking. I ask my dad if I have a question but mostly picked it up from magazines and woodworking forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
That train is cool, nice build
Thank you. The Train is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Nice work
Thanks

I spent about 4 hours this morning finishing stripping all the suspension. The crossmember gave me a little bit of grief. One of the horizontal bolts that goes into the welded on square nuts twitsted off. I tried welding a nut on to it but couldn't get a strong enough weld. I went to wack it with a hammer to try and loosen it and it busted the welded nut off oops.

Going to make a run to Lowes to get the lumber I need to bulid the boom for the engine hoist to lift the cab off and to make a dolly for the Cab to roll on.

Bret