View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lowering the lift

To mount the '73-up front springs the rear mount gets moves back. This is where the frame drops down to where it runs straight back. So, the point where the mount will be located is about 2" lower. I guess that nets a 1" lift? I see people say you get 2" but not sure who's thinking is right. In my mind the back of the spring drops 2" while the front stays in the same place, so wouldn't the whole assembly "pivot" with the axle in the middle netting about 1/2 the distance? If those who have done this say they got 2" lift, then there is the front taken care of. If it's 1", that's not enough and not sure how to get another 1-1.5". Let's see what others say. People also use even longer 52" rear springs. That will ride softer yet, but not sure about about lift numbers.

On the rear, changing to Suburban springs (56" vs 52") gives a better ride, but has no effect on height. 2" blocks are acceptable in my book.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote