View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 11:50 AM   #5
Darkrider

Re: '84 Chevy Custom Deluxe 10...

Much more recent pic of ol Frank.

I have been thinking about how to progress forward with this truck. I know that if I were to tear it down to redo the body to the almost new condition I wanted to go to it would be down for at least a year if not more. And honestly, I suspect even if I did do that I would be constantly worried about damaging it again as I was with my 2015 Ram. The one thing I do enjoy a lot about this truck is that I can just jump in it and go. I don't need to worry about any new dents or dings and know full well that it would take a lot to stop it. So with the above said I will likely just progress with it as a rolling Resto much like cwcarpenter98 has been doing with his Frankentruck. I have located a set of 15x8 truck Rally wheels...which are currently attached to this thing.

It is a 1949 Dodge B1-D 1-ton cab sitting on a 1993 GMC C1500 chassis with an 8 ft IH step-side bed on it. I once owned the Dodge when it was still on its original chassis with its flathead 6. The friend I traded it to dropped it on the newer frame to gain better brakes and suspension. I will likely be buying the truck back in the summer to continue the rat rod build.

As for Frank himself, I am working out a design to put a lumber rack with troop seating in the box and having the rack itself modified into a platform to stand on. I attend a lot of car club events as both a participant and a photographer. The purpose of this rack is twofold. One it will serve as a platform for me to stand on to take high-angle shots at events. and secondly, provide a bit of shelter at those events especially as they get larger and almost start to require a vehicle to take attendees around. Hopefully, I will start on this build this summer, If not it will be early next spring along with grafting in some patch panels on the bed and then sanding paint back to keep the patina. Again much like Frankentruck.
Darkrider is offline   Reply With Quote