View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #917
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

The little town I live near has a bar, as all little towns do. It's one of the few businesses still open. They have a roll in every other week and I usually forget about it or I'm busy and miss it. Here's a few pics from the last event for this summer. It's not very big but there are some pretty nice rides that roll in. We brought our new camaro.

This is basically the same car my parents had when I started driving. There's was a 75 Mercury Marquis, 2 door with a 460 in it. Enormous car and they had it for quite a while. I drove it when my truck was broken. I also used it to drive to Orlando when I was in the navy and was starting nuke power school. It ended up getting abandoned there. I didn't drive it for a few months because I bought a motorcycle when I was there. So I went out one day to see if it would start and we had to jump start it, no surprise. But it was blowing oil out of the back of the engine. LOTS of it. Shut it down and let it set. I felt bad about leaving it because it was still my parents car, but it wasn't worth what it would have cost to repair it. The only real difference between that car and this one is the color. I drove a silver one with a maroon top and interior. Liberace would have loved it.

I typically don't like this style of thunderbird. But this one looked alright.

Damn nice fastback...

This one is super nice. The owner has a body shop in Sleepy Eye. He restored this several years ago and it still looks amazing.

Back now to some road trip pics. It's been awhile and I don't remember the details on many of these. The next couple were by a shop but I can't remember what town.

I don't think that's the correct emblem.

These were along the road down by the Iowa-MN border.

"It's all there! Just need a couple patch panels and a maaco spray job and you got yourself a high dollar classic there!"

A few pics from the last car show/swap meet I was at. St Peter MN

I really loved this one. So cool.

Don't see these around much anymore. This 454SS was pretty nice...

I think I posted this COE a while back with a tarp over the cab. Here it is without the tarp.

It's adorable. Honey can we bring him home and keep him?

The boat tail rivieras are so cool. Why weren't these more popular back in the day? They were built long before I was a driver but man I would have loved to cruise one of these. In fact I'm positive that if my parents had one of these when I started driving I would still have it and never would have become the chevy truck junky I became. If I came across a good deal on one now I would probably buy it honestly. I don't need anymore projects or vehicles of any kind really but DAMN!

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote