View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #95
BMERDOC

Re: 2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairlesshobo View Post
I am thrilled to hear that. So I assume my idea for checking if the axle is straight would work then?
The method you are using is one of the ways to check for straight and square in any chassis and suspension, it is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67swb72klb View Post
good info doc thanx for the rite up
Anything I can do to add to the forum in a positive manner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_82_Shortbox View Post
Nick,

My truck was a rebuilder, put together by a couple of guys who did a repectable job; there really aren't any rattles or squeaks to speak of... But the truck was hit at the front left frame rail, and I think that unsquared it a little, giving me the left thrust angle. Push the left rail back, and it turns the rear axle to the left.

The alignment guy said he has seen these old Chevy trucks with angles of plus or minus .45°, and it didn't hurt the alignment or make the truck pull, or make it hard to center the steering wheel. I would imagine that to actually be visible following a rig, it would have to be off by 5 degrees or more.

Anyway, I've driven the truck for a couple of days now, and it corners better than ever, drives straighter and truer, and the wheel unwinds from turns in a predictable and positive manner.

So I decided to spend a thousand bucks on new wheels and tires!

Thanks again!

Mike
I am like a proud Papa to know that this is valuable info that not only can you guys use but has such a great impact on how your truck performs and your enjoyment. Thanks for the additional info.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote