View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #14
56hotrodred

Re: dual electric fans question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowt1ed View Post
56, I got the dual 11" inch SPAL puller fans w/aluminum shroud for my aluminum U.S. Radiator cross flow in the 57. Haven't run it yet, but Jim at U.S. Rad said it should be plenty to keep my 383 Stroker cool. I believe they only extend around 2.5" from radiator.

Cheers, Jim
Hey Jim

I really like the clean look of that dual fan set up. I have recently emailed a fellow from US Radiator and he said that they custom make fan/shroud combos and your rad is pretty much identical to mine except aluminum. I bet they could make me one on spec!

Is there any chance you could get an exact measurement out from the rad fins?

If its only 2 1/2 it would easily work for me also. I have closer to 3 inches of real estate available in there!!!

How does it attach to the radiator?

Also is there a number on the fan motors? I would like to see what they are rated at and what they pushing out for cfm.

I am now feeling pretty darn good about 2500 cfm fans on my system especially if yours is also in that ballpark. The Spal fans have a real good reputation! If I am reading the inter-web reviews I have been seeing probably even better than Flex-a-lites I have been looking at.

Anyway thanks a ton. I look forward to seeing how the shroud attaches and exactly how wide it is.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote