View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #21
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 87 TBI to Carb conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpine View Post
...I'd like to also go back and append to my original question, Would it be a terrible idea to mount a Carb on top of existing intake? I have a 3704 EdelBrock TBI intake. Even possible? Is there an adapter? too restrictive? What carb? This guy agreed to do the install cheap. I understand I can get rid of all that electrical/sensory and mysterious crap, but I will need to add an external fuel pump.

Many Thanks again for any ideas or suggestions!
The Edelbrock TBI intake sucks and adding a carb adapter to it will only make it worse if you could even find an adapter to put a carb onto it.

If you are dead set on going to a carburetor I would get a new carb intake for the center bolt heads. You may be able to find a used one but I don't believe Chevy made very many of them. The only one I can think of is the 87 & 88 Monte Carlo & El Camino that were still running Q-Jet carburetors when everybody else went to TBI. There are aftermarket ones out there but aren't very common as a used item.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote