View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Todd68Chevy

Re: What is involved in changing a 46 Chevy Grill to a GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
todd some of the guys here are also active on stovebolt.com, I dont normally advocate another forum but those guys are accurate to a hundred thousandth (sometimes exasperatingly and slightly disturbingly, but from a place of best intentions not malice) and I would bet you would get part numbers and an assembly manual page or two and maybe the correct angle to hold your tongue when installing from this question.
I am sure you are correct and the answer is on there somewhere but I have not been on that site for a long time. Kind of a long story but I used to get on there from time to time and one day got into a discussion on 41-46 front fenders and stated I was running 1 ton front fenders not 1/2 ton/ 3/4 ton and not 1 1/2 ton large opening but small opening 1 ton fenders. After several guys informed me that they only made the 2 fenders and not 3 fenders. I tried to explain that I have all 3 and what the differences were between them and after a interesting discussion two of them informed me I was an idiot and did not know what I was talking about. So I have not been back on there since. I am sure there are a lot of good guys with good knowledge on there but if they are not willing to learn and think they already know everything then all they are doing is misinforming. Sorry about my rant but I am still bitter. I do not know everything about anything but I have checked into these fenders a lot and have even owned a 1 ton pick up along with the six 1 ton front fenders I have for my truck so I know they made 3 fenders.

Thanks for the advise and help. I will get back on there sometime and see what I can find. Thanks again.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote