View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #73
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Well, I needed to see the Blazer while it was all torn apart, so I drove to Natchitoches Saturday so that Kevin & I could go play with the Blazer. We finished getting it torn apart.

Kevin & I were able to pull the right front fender, left door, and remove the driver's rocker panel, as well as replaced the bushings under the core support. I was extremely nervous about what we might find behind that rocker panel, but we were both relieved to find that most of the rot was stuff that we could see without removing anything, so I was ecstatic that everything looked better than I had imagined it would.

Here's a few pics for y'all. Nobody has seen this rust unless you have seen the Blazer in person because I never wanted to take pictures of the bad stuff.

Kevin will do a full polish after he color-matches the NOS rocker that is going on, then I have ALL new trim and emblems to put on. I should have enough time after I get it back to change out most of the weatherstripping, re-cover the seats, and make sure it is reliable before Cruisin' the Coast in October. Once Kevin is done working his magic, the only rust left on the whole thing will be in the middle of the bed floor which I can graft in new sections on my own since it will be hidden by carpet or a rubber mat anyway.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 07-29-2017 at 10:04 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote