View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
KIILew

Re: Trailering Special

The emblem I am referring to is positioned on either side of the truck just aft of the door handles (visible in your picture). The large scripting reads "Trailering Special", but if you look closely at this emblem you will find that the GCWR is printed at the bottom just below the large script.

Actually, if I had my data books handy, I could tell you the GCWR for that truck, assuming I new which axle ratio it is equipped with.

Axle codes stamped on the axle housing will idendify the rear end; however, you can also look on the service parts identification sticker(option listing) usually found in the glove compartment or under the hood for the axle ratio. If it is a 3.21 (which was standard with the 454 on C20's and C30's) it may or may not identify that fact. However, if it is the optional 3.73 or 4.10, that will appear there.

Just for kicks, the GVW rating (not the GCWR) is listed on an i.d. plate on the driver's door jamb.

The 5th wheel hitch was not available through GM, and was therefore added later.
KIILew is offline   Reply With Quote