View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #838
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Blowing the dust off....

No progress on the decision about swapping to C/O's. I mulled it over but haven't decided so I moved to other things on the list.

I was going to get Precision Rubber to do the rebuilds on my vent windows a while back but they stopped offering the service. Then, they started up again. By the time they did this, my $$ was allocated elsewhere. I'll just do them in-house over the holidays @ this point.

Lately, my time has been spent focusing on the bed layout so I can finish the SS exhaust & bed floor. Since my drop method was done via 'backyard-engineering', it took some thinking to figure out the floor & bed mounting. The dimensions for relocating the mounting points were easy. It was the mounting methods (bed structure as a whole assembly & bed floor/tubs) that took some thought.

My rear wheels will be @ least 10" wide so I require stretched tubs for clearance (the current old-school set-up is ~13" wide w/no weight on the wheel/tire). Add in the fact that the bedside 'crease' (the bold, recessed bodyline on these trucks) is the top of the tire height @ ride height so the tires/wheels need to be tucked w/o being excessive & still clear during travel. My OE tubs are fairly beat up so I looked on C-list for alternatives & then to the WWW for re-pops.

Like my Dually, I decided there needed to be some sort of compromise as this truck was not planned to ever be anything more than a cool driver. I adjusted my plans to keep things simpler & have moved forward. I bought aftermarket widened tubs & will roll w/them. I also purchased wood locally since I need to tweak the layout for my needs there as well.

The vent assembly's staged for some finish prep, epoxy, satin black color & the stretched aftermarket tubs......
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote