Thread: NJ Suburban
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #54
pwdcougar

Re: NJ Suburban

Been busy the last few weeks. Got the frame finished up after re-welding one of the reinforcing plates and using the die grinder with a wire brush. The KBS paint went on and is finished even after the screw up with 6 cans of the top coat "Blacktop" being bad. KBS did overnight 6 more cans and a couple cans of primer to replace the bad stuff.

Got brave and rebuilt the power steering box. There are some great websites out there with step by step instructions. Only problems I had was 1) getting the darn thing apart. and 2) having to redo the teflon seals. Either the seals were bad in the first rebuild kit I got or I stretched them out too much when I put them on. The kits are only 22 bucks at Autozone though.

Now I'm sandblasting parts for paint. I don't have enough cash saved up to buy the next step, rebuilding the brake system.

Any one know of links to the correct colors to paint under hood items? Steering box, pitman arm, power steering pump and brackets?

Paul
Attached Images

1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote