Old 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #12
SCOTI

Re: 73-87 QA1 rear suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
What bolt-in kit does this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
No Limit Fat-Bar for Squares 73-87 Complete kit - bolts to the frame, welding required on the axle. $1375.
So, it's almost 100% bolt-on. I've seen the 'No Limit' kits/parts & really like them. I would consider that direction for sure but I have a welder. Yes, a guy can bring parts somewhere to be welded but not everyone has easy access which possibly impacts their decision making.

I checked out the new QA1 display set-up @ the C10 Nats & it looks to be on par quality wise w/other marketed kits & is bolt-in. It's also more expensive.
My original response/point above was to the reference that QA1's new set-up was "extremely overcomplicated" vs. other options that are bolt-on. Yes, the extended frame reinforcement pieces & Torque Arm differ from traditional 4-bar set-ups. Not sure I would call those differences extreme or complicated. Would you?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-24-2019 at 01:42 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote