View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #17
NJ C10 Guy

Re: Nothing when turning the key

I'm beginning to think it's a wiring issue. I messed around a little today and made sure my connections were tight. I hooked up the jumper cables and turned the key and it cranked very slowly (no chance it would start). I waited a little longer, turned the key and nothing again. I thought it might have been the battery so i bought a new one. Hooked it up and still nothing, so I'm pretty sure I can rule out the battery.

The one thing I did notice was that the wire from the positive terminal to the starter was melted on the coating, I assume from somehow coming into contact with the header. It's not burned through and no wires are exposed, but I'm sure they got pretty hot in there. I forgot to grab a remote starter switch, which ill grab when I return the battery I just bought. So I guess I'll replace the wire from the battery as well as the wire with the fusible link, which could have been compromised as well, from the alternator to the starter. Either one of those could cause my issue, correct?
NJ C10 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote