View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
Killer Bee

Re: Site is acting goofy

I'll add this little tidbit I noticed recently, may or may not be something affecting op's issue..

few months back, after a site update I believe, I noticed that threads I view but don't post in disappear from the 'new posts' when I refresh that search..

so if I click on 'new posts' after viewing a thread, it's not there..

if I click on 'todays posts' under quick links, the threads I have not viewed are there along with threads I looked at will be un-bolded, indicating I have opened it..

so how I found this, I was looking at new posts and clicked on a thread to see what it was, and went back to look at other threads..

I'd refresh the 'new posts' search to go back to something and it wouldn't be there, unless someone else posted in it, then it will go back in the 'new posts'..

thought I was losing my mind, which still isn't out of the realm of possibility, but digging around until I found the 'todays posts' I was able to find them again..

previous to that and on other vbulletin forums I'm on, I can refresh 'new posts' and they are all there whether I opened one of them or not..

hope that makes sense and helps solve the op's issue, thank you!