View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #193
slow4dr

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

Time for the monthly update.

The first few pieces of this was accomplished with Tig because the Mig machine was being used by Ed on Ray Currie's F100. Needless to say I am no sheet metal guru and the Tig added a level of complication due to awkward positioning.

Before, just a big gaping hole.

I skipped a couple pics during this 4 step process. one flat panel, and 3 strip pieces to cover the frame crossover tube.

Making room for the driveshaft. This part was a little more involved than the previous steps. Plasma cut the back of the floor out but there is a cross brace underneath. I had to put myself in the path of the plasma overspray to get to a couple areas.

I had considered adding an access panel here for Torque Arm adjustments. Changed my mind once I realized that once the interior and seats were in there it would be a pita anyway.

This piece had the same curvature as the previous panel. There's more than enough room for even a 4" driveshaft.

Again, skipped a couple pics here. These two pieces had a little bit of angle so it took a few trial and error fitments to get it right.

Skipped a couple pics again. Now that there is some strength back in the floor I removed the cross floor bracing. Now I'm on the lookout for a van engine cover. Likely going to be an Astro Van. Plan to cut the sheet metal around the whole thing and then graft it to the C10.

slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote