View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #25
weq92f

Re: Good Guys TMS Lone Star Nationals ( pictures ) 3/18/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsetsaf View Post
Great pics thanks for sharing. On a side note I noticed the background crowds were pretty sparse. I have been to 2 Good guys shows in the past and found the same... huge number of vehicles small number of spectators.
The show rolls through here twice a year and the crowds are usually pretty good. Saturday was no exception as the crowds were really healthy. There were about 2500 show vehicles, each of which have 2 adult passes so that is as many as 5000 participants. I figure staff and vendors amounted to 2 or 3 hundred people as TMS is enormous.

Last year we had rain during the Spring show and the crowds and cars were short.

As for the crowds in the pictures: well... we showed up around 10am ( LATE ), as a result we had to park in basically an overflow area called the 'trick truck corral' where most of the C10s hung out. This area allows 10 feet on each side of every show car. The main show lot, where everybody wants to park and they park real close together, was completely full at 10am. All of the pictures I took were taken in the swap meet section, on the overflow lot and only around the perimeter of the main show lot. Didn't have time to venture into the middle of the main lot so we missed most of the crowd and quite a few cars/trucks too.

I've looked around a bit for some estimated crowd numbers but came up empty. I would have to guess, based on the sheer number of people there, that Saturday attendance was pretty high.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote