View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Retro-Tech- 77 Cheyenne gets retrogrades

Retro is a culturally aged style, or trend from the overall postmodern past, that has become functionally or superficially the norm once again.

Tech is the process by which we modify an item to meet current technology standards

With the objective to apply a culturally aged style, or trend to meet current technology standards, my 1977 Chevy Cheyenne pickup is undergoing a transformation to become “Retro-Tech”

To acquire an optical perspective on several proposed retrogrades, a visual aid would be implemented. A vast quantity of data was transferred between myself and Eastside Design Lab’s lead Technical Artist Joseph Durant. Patience and persistence persevered as Joseph analyzed the quantum level of revisions required to complete his digital task.

The project will be approached in multi phase segments. Each segment will be documented in depth and posted here on 67-72chevytrucks.com as well as www.73-87chevytrucks.com. Once the process is completed each phase will be submitted to Travis Noack for future Tech articles in Street Trucks magazine.

The initial stages of the transformation were accomplished with the contemporary fuel injection system that was included with the Ramjet 350 and 700r4 upgrade. The increase in performance, efficiency and reliability offered by this GM crate motor are documented in my article titled “77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350”

More recently, the suspension went from Groovin 70’s to Y2K compliant with a totally tubular package provided by Ride Tech Suspensions. The installation of the Cool Ride system with StrongArms, Musclebar, and Airbar components are covered in my article “DO NOT OPEN- Air Ride Technologies inside” and documented in printed media by Travis Noack in the July 2010 issue of Street Trucks magazine.

With a vision to integrate a digital interface powered by a high speed ECU viewed through a transflective display, the suspension system is currently downloading the Ride Tech e3 revision. This LevelPRO electronic control system features digital ride height sensors that intelligently utilizes both air pressure and ride height information to accurately adjust vehicle suspension level on demand. An article following that process can be viewed here “e3 Level Pro + Big Red x4 ≈ 77 Air Square” with the print version scheduled for an upcoming Tech segment in Street Trucks Magazine.

To Discuss this topic go here- LINK

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote