View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #13
HEI451
Account Suspended

Re: Project "Rekker"

You have a great start for the "Rekker". It'd be nice if you could set the chassis up so the rear can be easily removed, and a different one installed fairly easily. It'd be great to be able to make the truck "The Rekker", or, a flatbed, simply by changing the rear.

I have my 1964 Chevy 1 ton C30 dually flatbed now, love it, and am in the process of mounting a removable lifting boom with electric winch. It is gonna be a fun truck.

For three years, I have had the project before it, done, 1963 Ford wrecker, 292, granny low 4 speed, two speed rear end, and as much fun as the Chevy is. I go and get just about everyone's cars and take them all over the place with it, and the two local garages have me do their towing as well. Over the three years, I have made enough to pay for the Ford, and all the things I needed to buy to restore it to full operation, so, the truck didn't cost me anything, just took a while to recover the spent funds for it.

I may start a moving/transport business with the Chevy flatbed. The options are endless.

The Ford is fully restored, new paint, innards, just like it left the assembly line. the Chevy has lived a harder life, mechanically great, appearance, less than good, more like dismal. I also work with a lot of hot rod cars, and those guys have two different appearance options, RESTO, and RUSTO. Resto is painting the body with a black dull color, like it was in primer, and leave it like that, to give the impression it is a work in paint progress. RUSTO is just that, no effort to make the body appear any better than it is, and has become from the age, use and weather. The red paint is now orange, oxidized, and a great candidate for RUSTO rod truck. I may just rub what there is for paint out and leave it like it is. The interior has already been done as far as I am going, floor mat is in good condition, dash isn't bad, and I have the serape woven seat cover, done deal.

Last edited by HEI451; 06-02-2011 at 10:11 PM.
HEI451 is offline   Reply With Quote