View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #16
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

Not too much happened after the exhaust was fabbed up. I drove the truck around occasionally and enjoyed driving it until it started snowing and the salt hit the road. As seen in previous photos however, the tan seat had to go and it was pretty nasty. A lot of the junkyards around here don't keep old cars and trucks around and if they do they don't have a long life left. We made some phone calls and went up to a yard about 2 hr away for potential seats. They didn't disclose a whole lot on the phone. We got there and the seats were RED! There was a really nice all original brown seat there with no rips but.. it was brown. I also decided I really like dually's but maybe some other day.

I did at least pick these up though. I have mixed feelings about how they turned out as they were pretty beat but these are what are going onto the truck unless I run into a better set.

I know this isn't the original color scheme but I've got a blue truck. I can't have too much red-orange going on, even if it is a GMC. The paint I used is a little bottle of model car paint purchased from hobby lobby. Tangerine I believe, it comes out very close to the original color if you ask me.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote