View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
SCOTI

Re: crew cab showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR View Post

Here is my 99 C2500 short bed thanks to hurricane Michael depositing my neighbor's tree on it. I've talked with my insurance but told them I wasn't ready to have it looked at cause I still need it to move debris. I'm sure it will be totaled and I'll have to fight for its actual worth. I'd love just to replace it but I don't seem to see many 1999/2000 C/K2500 short beds for sale. If it doesn't violate the board rules, I'd be curious to know what you paid for your truck SCOTI.
I purchased mine below market value but there was reason behind it.

I'm pretty sure the previous owner bought it for an easy flip after swapping in a fresh 5.7l long-block but was in over his head w/all the electronics of the later model (he'd done several older GM cars/trucks; this was the newest he said he'd messed with). You had to pop the hood & use a remote starting switch + jump it off just to get it started. Once running, it had zero power & couldn't get out of it's own way so there was no real way to determine if it was a good or bad deal drivetrain wise (it couldn't/wouldn't go fast enough to get on the highway to test the OD trans ).

I gambled on it. After sorting through things (grounds, wiring, battery, o2 sensors, more grounds, & fuel INJ. system), it's been pretty a decent truck so far (I've only had it since June 2017). The 1st time I was able to get it on the highway @ speed, it was apparent the front end needed attention.

In the end, I got a 'rare' factory 130k mile CCswb 5.7l/4l80e combo w/a fresh, zero miles 5.7 for what the 250k mile, single cab, swb, 4.3/5spd, no-carpet truck I was driving sold for.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote