View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #7
drcmusic7

Re: 1958 Panel Truck - wiring help please!

Coupeguy2001, thanks for your help! There is only one relay current hooked up. It's on the right side of the fuse box for the horn. I'm not sure why there is a 25amp fuse in there. I've only had the truck a week and that's the way it came. The horn does not work though. There are three wires running to the relay.

Here's a picture.

The steering column is from the 96' impala. It appears to be that the wires are almost all cut from the column as it has a separate ignition switch in the dash from the one on the column. However, I do have to put the column key in to unfreeze the steering wheel.

Nothing works from the steering column - horn, turn signals, etc, all not wired up.

Here's a picture of all the cut wires.

The wires from my ignition switch.

I checked with my multimeter for a parasitic draw but didn't find anything significant enough to drain the battery that quickly. I got a 1mA reading. I drove it to the parts house and their computer echoed that.

Would a bad diode not be apparent on that kind of test?

Softpath, Thanks for your help too! Hopefully the above pictures help. The auto choke isn't hooked up right now. Really not a ton of stuff hooked up which is why it's so confusing. It's almost a blank slate for me and I can't figure out what I'm missing from the previous owners wiring.

The "REA cutoff" is my bad handwriting it's RED cutoff. There is a wire from the BAT terminal on the ignition switch that leads no where and has electrical tape on the end.

Thanks again your help guys, I appreciate it.

Anything else I should look into?

Thanks,
Danny
drcmusic7 is offline   Reply With Quote