View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #159
matthew20061
69' Chevy Stepside

Re: 1969 Chevy Stepside Restoration/Build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
The front of the master cylinder goes through the front of the proportioning valve and then to the front brakes. The rear goes to the rear. I looked through your pictures until I found one that showed the brake lines and it looks to me like you have them flipped.

I also noticed that you mounted your CPP prop valve low on the firewall. I'm not sure why but if you would have used the bracket to mount it on the mc mounting bolt the lines would have fell in place. I used a slightly different booster and mc so I had to bend up a different rear mc to valve line than was supplied with the kit but the front lines were perfect as is.

Here's mine using a CPP prop valve.

Tom
Thanks for the reply! Your absolutely right I bent the lines backward. I guess the reason I did this is because on my 72 GMC 3/4 ton thats the way the lines go must be different for 1/2 tons because I looked at another 1/2 ton stepside today and it had the lines like yours so I must need to replumb those lines. Thanks!

-1957 Chevy BelAir 2 Door Post Sedan, Full Frame off Restoration done myself - 6.0L with T56 six speed
-1957 Chevy BelAir 2 Door Post Sedan - Nearly rust free AK car, Project in the waiting
-2003' Chevy Silverado SS AWD 6.0L! - Daily Driver
matthew20061 is offline   Reply With Quote