View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #14
Gotenntitans

Re: Best cheap beer?

I like a cold beer, especially in the summertime. After mowing the yard or while I'm out fishing......I like a cheap beer. I fully understand what you're whole thread is about. My go to cheap beers are Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Carta Blanca, or Bud Ice. Not exactly cheap, but I also like Bud Light lime, orange, and the tomato juice Chelada beers. All are good right out of the ice chest on a hot day.

Now, for the afternoon sitting around the grill or at a restaurant with dinner, I like Dos XX green, Michelob Amber Bock, Corona, or Rolling Rock and there are two local Little Rock breweries, Diamond Bear and Lost Forty, that have really good varieties of different beers.

My father-in-law kept a refrigerator in his shop behind his house and he always kept it full of Milwaukee's Best. Not my cheap beer of choice, but I have had a few sitting around visiting with him before he passed in 2003. Haven't had one since. I would like to go drink one with him today. I miss him.

I also like yellow can Coors from time to time. I never buy Miller High Life, Busch, Natural Light, or Pearl......just don't ever make that choice. I also don't buy red & white Budweiser either. No reason, just not one that I buy.

If you ever see a Canadian beer called Kokanee, you might like it. We drank some of that on a week long fishing trip to Ontario on Lake Kishkutena a few years back and I remember that it was pretty good.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a cold beer or two or three, and although I used to do it when I was younger, I would never drink and drive or drink a 12 pack at one sitting anymore. Just not my thing anymore.

Wish you were closer, I would bring you some Lost Forty and we would drink a couple of cold ones and visit. . GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote