View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #132
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

To attach the hanging mount to the cross member I took two pieces of 3/16 by 1 1/4" strap and bent them to go around the crossbar. The transmission mount will have four holes drilled and sleeves welded in and I'm planning on using to 7/16 bolts on each side to attach it.
another friend of mine runs the salvage yard here in town. He had a 2 wheel drive 4L80 sitting on the shelf that I was able to get some measurements off of. Between those measurements and information off the internet the 4L80 is about 7 in longer from the bellhousing to the transmission mount than a 700 R4. If I did my measurements right I should be able to take this mountain turn it a hundred eighty degrees and it should line up pretty close with where it needs to be when or if I run a 4L80.
I made it a little further on the crossmember this weekend. I used four sleeves going through the tubing so that I could tighten the bolts down without crushing it. I had several shorter ones already that fit a 7/16 Bolt and I just welded them together to make the length needed. I use my trusty benchtop drill press and set up a backstop in an end stop so I could drill one hole through top and bottom and then flip it over a hundred eighty and have it in the exact same spot on the other leg. Drilled all four holes that way and then went through with my three quarter inch uni-bit and then found out that the hole it drills is about .010" smaller than my sleeves. Not a big deal, just a temporary setback.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723

Last edited by Cautrell05; 08-06-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote