Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #390
rtinniste

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredscarryall View Post
Here are the measurement I have actually measured and just some info I collected. Hope this helps others. It worked great for me. I don't have any info on the s blazer but that could be another option for a rear axle. For those who don't know what a gov lock is. It's a gm locker. Some call it a posi but it seems to work like a limited slip to me.To test if it works ,you have to be spinning the wheels at about 10 mph. When one wheel slips the other will engage.To get both wheel to spin in the same direction. But in most cases that's not possible.so another way is th spin one wheel really hard and fast. You should here a little clunk and both wheels should spin in the same direction. In non lock mode both wheels will spin in the opposite direction. This info is not gaurantee. Gm does odd things at times. You should always double check.

S10 zr2 Wms to Wms is 63" 8.5 axles factory gov lock and 3.73 ratio

S10 4x4 Wms to Wms 58" hard to find in gov locker 7.5 and 7.62 and some 8.5 axles

S10 2wd Wms to Wms 54.5" 7.5 and 7.62 axles

Center of spring perch to center spring perch is 38 1/2"

Option codes to s10 for rear axles found in glove box door or drivers door sticker
G80 gov lock locker
Gu1 2.41
Gu2 2.73
Gu3 2.93
Gu4 3.08
Gu5 3.23
Gu6 3.42
Gt4 3.73
Gt5 4.10
Hc4 4.56
Attached Images
Also olds bravada should all be gov locked and I think I saw somewhere that they are the 8.5 but my neighbor that runs the local pick a part said that's not true. I havent looked that deep into it just when i was cruising the web.
But the bravada axles seem more plentiful and better priced. Car-part.com also helps when your on your search!!
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote