View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
dusterbd13

Re: Steering box options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudzupatch View Post
From what I understand our trucks use a Saginaw 800 steering box and lots of cars used those. The most common fast ratio is 96-98 Grand Cherokee. Have not done this yet, but I have to replace some tie rods in the next couple of weeks and I want to swap the steering box at the same time.

PS. Doing a little research I found that you can buy a GM rebuilt unit with lifetime warranty from Scogging Dicky as well as other places. ACDelco 19321370

https://sdparts.com/i-24095698-acdel...4aAg7_EALw_wcB
I'm inclined to believe you are correct that it is an 800 series box. I'm inclined to believe you were correct that it is an 800 series box did a lot of poking around at it today and it appears to be one. Additionally the Jeep Cherokee steering shaft swap that is common on the S10 with the 800 series box works for the C 1500 as well. Eyeball in the steering shaft from the output from the box it appears to be the same threads and diameter as the Jeep Grand Cherokee box. Depending on whether I may go grab one from the junkyard and try it. Truck needs Pitman and idler arms anyway and it would be the perfect time to do it.
dusterbd13 is offline   Reply With Quote