View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #18
MrTucker

Re: Project: Pack Rat

No real updates here. I power washed the hell out of this thing after we pulled it out of the field, but never took any new pics. After watching a couple car shows on tv I decided I'd go check out the old girl - hadn't seen her in a couple months.

On with some better pics:

Side shots

"Cleaned up" interior

Motor

As you can see - it's going to be a big project, but not as bad as the pics make it look. The motor should just need a fresh set of gaskets and a tune up, and the tranny just a flush (hopefully). Ultimately I will rebuild both of them. The rest of the truck just needs sand blasted, painted and put back together.

I'm going to do a different route on this truck than what's on this board - stock

Seriously though, I planned on doing a typical hot rod project (not that there's anything wrong with that) but this truck is too rare and collectable to turn into "another" hot rodded 47-53.

Anyways, as you can see I've done nothing but clean her up a bit - but I know how you guys love them pics. Got a baby on the way so the truck will have to sit a bit longer than I had hoped, but that's ok.

Last edited by MrTucker; 03-01-2010 at 09:43 PM.
MrTucker is offline   Reply With Quote