View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #95
Rod Run

Re: Project TLOW - 1971 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
My biggest score today was a set of headers. I was just surfing online and found a vendor on Amazon with a $60 price savings on an open box buy. As I was emailing back and forth with him, he said the box was opened but the headers and all hardware were still in their original wrapping. He also said that they are currently having a 10% off sale on all their open box buys, so that was another $70 dollar savings.

As I was checking out, I had over $40 in rewards dollars on my amazon card, so that meant that I paid well under $600 for a set of coated stainless steel JBA headers!!

I went with JBA because I have had them on my GTO for around 5 years and they still look brand new and they fit perfectly along with having a ball flange collector. After I bought my first set of JBAs, I decided that I would never buy a set of headers without a ball flange seal again. It makes them just like a perfect factory seal.
These headers got delivered on Friday but they didn't work out (huge bummer) and I had to send them back.

Talking to JBA before I ordered them and they told me that they were the same fit as the ones for a '71, but they only differences were that the ones for a '71 had only one ball flange collector and these had two (which is why I wanted them) and that these ones were emissions compatible. That was no big deal either, because I was just going to out a fitting in the header to block off where the o2 sensor goes. What ended up being a big deal (that was previously unknown to me), was that both headers had air tubes coming off the top of them and that definitely wasn't working for me.

So now I'm back to square one and am going to wait until after Cyber Monday and see if anyone has any great sales before I purchase anymore parts for the project