View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #19
OhioPaul

Re: 71-72 rear spring hangers on 69 frame

So I used the rear holes to line up my hanger. I had to cut my parking cable bracket off and the one hole on that matched up too. It looks pretty good, and measures 30" from center of spring bolt to center of rear cab mount bolt.

The extra holes in my frame are from the previous owners attempt at putting hangers on it. He used a Ford hanger and shimmed the spring with washers. It was pretty bad.

I've concluded the cross member seems to be just a little different between the 69 and 71. I don't believe it's in the same spot either. This was noticeable when I tried to figure out where the 71 parking brake cables mount. They seem to run into the cross-member if I locate them on the 69 where they are mounted on the 71. I'm also unsure on having any predrilled holes for those. I had a hard time finding a good solid image. If you do decide to use the 71 hangers for the parking brake cable, they use different length cables as well so it will add to the cost. I'm leaning to modifying the current bracket and keeping my same cables- I'll keep you updated.
OhioPaul is offline   Reply With Quote