View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #254
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Vic,
That's great! I did talk to detray this afternoon, said the bare minimum was $125.00 should just about cover anything I need plated. My uncle races Modified's at Valley Speedway, in Grain Valley,mo. He just built a powdercoating oven for all his modified cars, and he is coating my chassis "Ink Black" today. I am going to powder coat all the suspension pieces in "Super Chrome & clear, just to be different.my '71 is going to be all black with the factory trim. I'm going to install a LQ9 6.0 from a chevy 2500HD truck, LS1 intake and GTO manifolds. My Brother-in-law does tranmsmissions, and he is building me a stout 700R4 for this truck. I'm going a different route for a rear end though....I bought a 2001 Ford Explorer 8.8 disc brake differential, has 3:73 gears and a locker diff. all the hard work was already done for me-all brackets cut off, ground smooth and the axle tubes were welded to the center section, all I have to do now is weld my axle perches and set pinion angle and attach e brake cables and plumb hoses and tubing.....once I get the chassis done, on to rust repair and body work... this was a non air cab, I'm converting mine to air as I go. I have most of the parts to make it work, still looking for a pre-Vortec V6 air conditioning bracket for a R4 compressor to work with my LQ9 accessories though.....
well, I have to run, take care and great progress!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote