View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #2061
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Man, that looks so clean - love the paint. I remember when my painted engine looked that good after it was re-installed LOL

So I am going on day two with my truck in the shop for my frontend refresh. Technically it is not what I am doing to the truck but having done! Seems every step they hit a time suck roadblock. It was decided my break lines needed replacing (I bought front/rear lines because I thought they would want to replace them). The passenger side line was frozen/stuck on and some previous owner mucked them up on top of that. Now they are finally into replacing the ball joints. They aren't coming out like they should and are requiring to be heated up with a torch, yet another time suck.

They expect everything to be back together much later today but there won't be enough time to get the front end aligned (different shop). Which I guess that is also time consuming because it requires shims to get aligned. I hadn't even asked for a estimate because they thought they would be done in a day. Now we are looking at two full days of shop and then the alignment on Monday. I kind of started freaking on the call this morning but he assured me he is not counting the clock and so far I am still under my high end number. That is assuming they don't run into more roadblocks. But at least the whole front end, rubber brake lines, and my sway bar will be all done.

It seems Peace of Mind can get costly LOL

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote