Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:27 PM   #1371
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

I stand corrected....again, not a new steering wheel mount kit at all, the fiber disk had damage from a previous attempt at using it, probably 15 or more years ago, totally forgot about it. Plus after searching I could not locate the horn button, so I got on line and ordered both.

Grabbed a test light and checked the grey wire coming out of the stock harness , absolutely not hot until the running or headlights are switched on, so I hooked the column shift indicator light to it, so unless I find out that wire is used somewhere else then that's where it will stay.

Finally got around to swapping out that leaking caliper, I hooked up the replacement using the banjo and 2 copper washers that were included in the box and I still had a pretty bad leak, tried to tighten more with no luck, was also afraid that I may twist that banjo bolt in half if I went any tighter. cleaned up the brake hose fitting of its surface rust and checked it over for any hairline cracks, nothing, got a second new set of copper washers and had the same result, both sets came with a banjo bolt kit. Then I dug into my endless supply of junk I keep around and came up with a new set of Yamaha WR250 crank drain plug washers, thinner but very close to the same diameter, this time I could actually feel the washers getting squished and it sealed right up Yamaha makes some quality stuff. Had my wife do a little pedal work while I purged the air from the system, and I just blead that one side for now but I have a pretty good pedal, I was fortunate that the reservoir never went dry.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote