View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #21
Dodger

Re: Which year is the most sought after '47-'55 Truck

1950 for me because I have one! Hope I'm allowed to say that.................and...............I like the drivers side vent and love the cowl vent. I don't have AC but its amazing how much airflow you can get when the two vents are open. Just a thought if AC is something you won't install ever or may take a while to get done.

I also like the one piece windows but that's just a personal preference and I like that look.

Finally the grille on my truck as well as the other years that have the same grille, in my opinion, is the classic vintage Chevy truck grille that everyone wants. Again just my preference and experience.

A down side for me is that the fuel tank is in the cab behind the seat and whilst I have no plans to change that any time soon (and it causes me no problems) I would prefer it under the bed.

Speaking of bed, mine's a long bed (3600) and whilst I am happy with the look and think they can be as sweet as a 3100 if done right, brake drums and wheels are a hassle. I would always prefer a 3100 but my truck was too clean and rust free to pass up. Very difficult in my part of the world to find a body as nice.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Posted via Mobile Device