View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: aftermarket door panels

We don't know that the panels you show are originals or OER's reproduction. Do we know if OER's are exact reproductions, meaning OEM parts will swap? That first picture is something GM never did, but is doable. That is the standard '72 Plain Jane panel someone drilled the holes and installed the stainless trim from the fancy scroll panels on. They fit perfectly. The question is whether they fit OER's. If so, that first picture could be either OEM or OER.

That second picture is so touched up (from a catalog?) it looks digital. Could be that is a reproduction. Hard to tell being so altered. I see it has a window switch rather than crank and don't see remains of the stamped circle pad for crank.

Third one is customized OEM most likely. Both the herringbone over the woodgrain panel and the sculpted upholstery on the lower area are one-off.

That's cool OER makes these. I wonder why they didn't do the scroll panels. The reverse of how seat covers are. LMC makes a crappy wannabe Pep Boys somewhat similar facimile, but no reproductions that I know of

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote