View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
bennylava

A couple of questions about the 99-06's

Got a few questions so I guess I'll just number them for ease of answering.

1. How hard is it to swap the front end? I really like the 2002 Chevy truck front end. But I'd like to have an 06 since it'll be easier to find a low mileage truck. So anyone ever swapped the 2002 chevy front end onto a 2006 truck? What all is involved?

2. Does anyone know what is different between the 2002's, and the 2006 model trucks? Aside from the way the front looks. Were there any major upgrades or updates that I should know about? And what were the biggest changes? Is the dash still mostly the same? I'm wondering if I should just get the 2002 truck, or if it's worth it to get an 06 and just swap the 02 front end onto it.

3. Here's the upgrades that I want to do to the truck, once I get it. I'd like you guys to tell me if you see any issues that may arise, or if you have any recommendations. Automatic windows, full sound deadening, decent sound system, GPS head unit, some kind of leveling kit that raises the truck only 1 inch total. Maybe a few engine mods that either don't affect gas mileage at all, or may raise it. Any other upgrades you think these trucks really benefit from? It'll just be a street truck, not an off roader. Thoughts and opinions?
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote