View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #871
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Ok so i finally got around to fixing my brake pedal design problem and redid the whole thing... somewhat. I left the hydroboost inplace and all that part, but just deleted the cab floor pedal design I had come up with. Originally I wanted the pedal to be part of the cab so that if it was separated the pedal assembly would go with the cab and not the chassis. That didn't work so well due to assembly "issues".

Heres all my parts I had to play with in getting this all together

So now I took a brake pedal arm that was on the bracket and I cut it up to fit the frame and chassis where I wanted it on the other side of the steering column where the clutch would be. The pedal side is welded onto the shaft end and can be totally removed with everything around it in-place.

Using the "clutch" assembly idea I drilled and put two flange bearings into the frame rail on either side and ran a 1/2" shaft thru it.

The other end I re-used the same billet alum lever I previously machined that is keyed onto the shaft end and just re-drilled a new hole in it. I made a new rod to connect to the hydro plunger. It has male and female rod ends to make adjust easy.

The pedal on the interior side of the cab was made of flat steel and rounded and then I welded a 5" long 1/2"-13 bolt to the back of it. It screws into the pedal arm on the other side of the firewall.

Then I found these billet pedal covers to put on both the pedals to make them match.

Yippe Kay YEA!!!