View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #92
special-K
Special Order

Re: Period Correct Accessaries for your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_dan View Post
Got this from a friend. Actual sticker from the era, rubber band fell apart when he took them out. I think this is where I will put it.

That would have me thinking twice. Great piece! I have gathered some vintage travel stickers, even girlie stickers, from earlier and up through this era here. I can't bring myself to use any. I also have some era-correct (came off these trucks) chrome dealer badges. I had two from Hicks Bros. in KC and that's my last name. I gave one to my brother and put the other on my '72 tailgate. I ended up deciding I didn't want it on there and took it off.

It's funny. I really dig anything era-correct for these trucks. I loved the era, period! I collect stuff of all sorts. I do my trucks to be "of the era". But I never liked accessories on vehicles much. It has always been about being "clean" with vehicles for me. I'm real careful about "adding on".

I do Ventshades on all my trucks. I just might forego those on my '67, if I do no trim. I have a set of chrome headlight lids I doubt I'll use on either. I'm on the fence about bumper guards on either truck. What the K2500 needs is a winch bumper/winch. That one gets a Unity lamp on driver side. I want a fire extinguisher and that's it for that truck. And the '67 will be mild custom street truck. I'm doing era-correct custom touches on that.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote