View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #146
kikkegek

Re: Suburban K20 1986 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edahall View Post
You really lucked out on the drivelines fitting. Apparently, the TH400 and 700R4 are very close in length.

The new NP208 very well may be leaking out of the output shaft.

Did you install brackets on your engine for the TV cable? And did you get it all hooked up and adjusted? Getting it adjusted correctly is very important for keeping this tranny alive.

Another alternative is to use a switch in the cab to toggle the lock up torque converter.

9 to 12.23 mpg is huge 36% difference. Is this on propane? The compression ratio on a stock 350 is a little low for getting the best fuel economy out of propane.
yes, got the TV cable hoked up correctly. drives perfect. shiftsdown like it should and hauls ass when I put the pedal to the metal.

even did a pressure test with a gauge to check pressure at different TV cable settings. and they all seemed fine.

yes, I drive 100% propane only. I know a little higher compression would be better, especially since my engine is a former Californian smog engine...and they are supposed to have lower compression for less emission?

I dont think there is a easy and cheap way to increase compression? isnt there?

I got to get the second propane tank connected and then we have a total of 134 liters of propane that should take us about 520 - 650km before we need to get a refill, which is nice...because we will be driving 1000km to our holiday location in Southern France this summer...

there is one more thing left I wanna do...and that is tune the last little bit out of it using a wideband AFR...but that is again something like $200,- investment...that will have to waite for now...

will do some testing by increasing and dropping the timing a little 2-3 degrees and see if the mileage improves.

also I was told that the converter of the propane system I have is tune-able for a leaner mixture...will go after that too
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote