View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #42
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Anyone here own or see a 70 C10 with factory disc brakes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Thanks All, for your perspectives!!!

Some of the things I've thought about, some not.

Mark,
A friend told me he helped a friend, back in the day tear down the 327 in his 64 Impala, said it was 4 bolt main, I told him no such thing......that wasn't a good thing for me to say at that time, from a friendship point of view...man...

What WAS the last year for a 327? I'm thinking the 327 was carried into the 69 year model??? And was likely a large journal engine???, which could have had 4 bolt mains...Gary what year is yours???

I do remember 65 Mustangs as the first year for a mustang having front disc brakes, thought that was a good thing.

GM seemed to keep design changes to start at the beginning of a new model year. Ford had some 1/2 year stuff here and there, or they would use a part to a certain VIN or production date, that was hard to sell a part for.........

It would make sense that 70's had wide and narrow rear ends, getting ready for 71 discs, but kinda throws a fly in the ointment, if the made 70's with all drums and a wide rear end. The front and rear widths being same must have been purposely overlooked for those with drum brakes.
It would make sense to shut down the factory for next year changes, and maybe building a few 70's with 71 disc brakes. So they called "Those" 70 disc optioned pickups, whooppee.
Maybe the guy I had as a customer with a 70 disc equipped pickup had one of those tail end production units, maybe it was repaired with a 71 or 72 frame. Who knows.......
The 327 was still available in '69. I had one in my '69 Camaro.

IIRC, the 327 was still available in '70 in Canada, possibly '71. Any Canadians remember for sure?

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote